Wednesday, February 8, 2012

1st birthday cards

OK, to clarify the title - these aren't the 1st birthday cards I've ever made, but cards for a 1st birthday!

We know a couple of really cute kids - boy/girl twins - that just turned one!

I made them each a card using the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch 57:




Is it obvious which is baby girl & which is baby boy {grin}?


I used mostly My Minds Eye papers - some if it might even qualify as vintage because it is pretty old. There is also a bit of Little Yellow Bicycle paper on the baby girl card. I replaced the flower embellishment with a pinwheel on both cards and added brads & pearls.


The inside stamp is from Papertrey Ink. I won't tell you how much time I spent cutting the text paper to avoid the word "diva" on the baby girl card. I couldn't avoid it on the front of the card, so really didn't want to highlight it again as part of the sentiment!

Someone is bugging me for the computer, so I have to run.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!