Friday, February 17, 2012

big plans for an unexpected day off



I am taking an all day class on Fridays, which means I try to plan my weekly chores & errands to make sure we have food and clean laundry before the end of the week.  The college runs most classes on a Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs schedule, so Fridays are very, very quiet on campus and a number of us are only taking this one class. I also knew it was the only class our instructor was teaching at this college (she also teaches at two other schools), but I am thankful she realized last night the campus is closed today for President's Day and emailed us all. I suspect one of the full-time students might have given her the heads up about the campus being closed today.

I'm not really that out of touch with things - one kid has the day off, the other only gets Monday off & dear husband is working, so it didn't occur to me to check the college calendar. I think kid2 was a little disappointed to find out I was going to be home with him - he rarely has a whole day to himself and probably had great plans for sleeping in, followed by listening to very loud classic rock and/or metal while playing equally loud video games and eating whatever his heart desired.

I'm loving the class, so a little disappointed not to be playing with my art supplies today. However, the time off is going to give me enough time to take care of a little project that I decided to tackle at the last minute for a friend's 40th birthday this weekend. See, there are advantages to getting my chores done before Friday!

First of all, I spent some time yesterday afternoon using the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers to make a birthday card.

This is the sketch:


and here is my take on the sketch:
 I used the October Afternoon Farmhouse paper and one of my new stamps from the Die-namics Vertical Greetings Stamp Set from My Favorite Things on the front of the card and a birthday greeting on the inside. This is honestly one of my favorite cards ever LOL - might have to make a few of these.

I have a great button collection and rarely use them on projects, but am really happy with how this turned out.


Yes, there is an ink smudge on the inside - I might cover it with a couple of buttons before delivering it tomorrow night.

I'm off to see if I can make the birthday project work.


3 comments:

  1. I love this card. I was also really liking this set. great phrases. Good job on the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may want that stamp set! Great card! Super blog. I am so proud. My little girl is all grown up. Hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are inspiring me to take a challenge and do a sketch! And maybe enter a contest.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!