Thursday, May 10, 2012

it's not just Mother's Day this year

Sunday is both Mother's Day and our anniversary, so for the MFTWSC sketch challenge this week I made a card for my dear husband.

I grinned big when I saw the sketch posted on Wednesday - perfect for my new MFT Vertical Greeting II set and the Die-namics Mini-Tabs Quartet that was back in stock and delivered to me this week.

   


I say this too often, but I love the way the final card looks!




I started with the Vertical Greeting and had a hard time choosing which quote to use - these sets are really so versatile - but settled on the one above. The "Sweetheart" sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and fit nicely on the mini-tab.

I didn't want to use flowers, pearls or rhinestones on the card, so went into my metal drawer and combined a 7 Gypsies metal piece with a couple from Tim Holtz. Glossy Accents is fabulous as an adhesive for holding heavier metal pieces together.

As I looked around for something to add to the empty space on the right side, I spied my Paper Doll border and sighed, wishing it alternated girl-boy. Wouldn't that be perfect?

Just a second . . .  what if I trimmed the skirt off every other girl?




Would that look too odd?

Hmm, oh dear, now which color to pick?




Sometimes I amaze myself {grin}.

I knew deep in my stash I had a metal heart or two hiding, but I didn't want to add red to the card and white wouldn't show up very well against the paper. 

My solution was to pull out the Copics and paint a white heart blue. Copics are not just for coloring stamped images in this house!




There are some lovely anniversary sentiments in MFT's Clearly Sentimental about Anniversaries stamp set, but the Rita Rudner quote is the one that spoke to me!




I'm pretty sure my dear husband will love this.

With Sunday being both Mother's Day and my anniversary, the only thing I know for sure is I am not making dinner!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


2 comments:

  1. Good job! I love your tutorial and very creative in 'creating' your Man!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Those papers are yummy. And that is a great sketch. I just used that same sketch for a card post on Sunday. GMTA

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!