Monday, September 3, 2012

MFTWSC87 Make a Wish

We have enjoyed a nice, quiet long weekend dogsitting our beautiful little friend once again. It was hot and the dear children enjoyed helping Bella cool off with a ice popsicle.




My dear daughter did give me a few days notice that she needed a birthday card for Tuesday, but I forgot about it until late this afternoon. Thank goodness the sketches from My Favorite Things  take some of the thinking out of the creative equation.




Here is the finished card:




I used papers from the Echo Park Everyday Eclectic paper pad, along with the Birthday Girl a la Mode stamp set from My Favorite Things. Several MFT dies round out the supply list: Open Bracket Border, Loopy Bloom and Mini Tab Quartet. The loopy bloom is made from crepe paper and finished with a My Mind's Eye brad.

The inside of the card is finished with a few flags from the paper scraps and the negative of the Open Bracket Border.




On a completely different note, a movie I have wanted to see all summer is Moonrise Kingdom - we almost missed it in the theatre, but  were thrilled to find it still playing last night. The entire family LOVED it and I can guarantee it is going to be added to our select collection of DVDs.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

2 comments:

  1. So cute and colorful! (Laura's bday is Oct. 10 so you have lots of time for you and D to make a card! hee hee)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!