Thursday, October 18, 2012

retrosketches #33

A few card makers I have been admiring in blogland are using retrosketches with the cards they are submitting to other challenges, so I decided to check it out and join in the fun. You can find details of their challenges and current sketch at their blog here.




I don't have too many small dies that would cut shapes to dangle, so I dug around the bottom of my punch basket and found this ancient Christmas ornament punch from Emagination Craft Inc. that punches the ornament in two pieces.




The papers are all Authentique Festive, the sentiment is from Martha Stewart and inked with Brilliance Rocket Red.

The ornaments are hung from a My Favorite Things Notched border using linen thread that has been inked with Brilliance Spanish Moss. The border piece is adhered with foam dots to give the thread a little room. 




A few of the ornaments are also on foam adhesive. Rock Candy stickles adds a bit of glitter to the tops of the ornaments and also runs along the top of the notched border die.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful take on the sketch! I love the hanging baubles!! FABULOUS Christmas card! Thank you for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card Jacqui~ I always love Kraft paper - love the rock candy stickles you used!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!