Monday, July 1, 2013

Paper Smooches & CAS(E) this Sketch + CASE Study Take Two & Simon Says Stamp

Yesterday morning I took some time to play around with gelatos, gel mediums & molding paste along with another new stencil. This one is called Ripples and is from Artistic Cellar - I'm including a link because it looks like their stencils are only available online or through an Expo vendor. I bought mine at the recent San Diego Scrapbook Expo and really wish I'd picked up a couple more - especially their map stencils.

I was planning to use this water panel to make a card for CAS(E) this Sketch!, but hadn't really thought about what stamps to use. This morning I saw the Trend Watch challenge at Paper Smooches Sparks challenge blog to be inspired by the ocean and the design came together very quickly.





Display our button






I used the Paper Smooches Get Outta Town stamp set for the sentiment and the palm trees. The ocean is my happy place - I really don't think I could move very far away from it!




I couldn't resist making a second card for the CASE Study Challenge #147. Lisa Spangler is the Muse and this is the card to inspire us this week.




My first card focussed on using stencil and ink, but the triangles were haunting me. I pulled out a Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder and scraps of colored cardstock to make this fast and simple card.




A Papertrey Ink birthday sentiment fits perfectly in the center circle and the pinked outer circle mimics the triangle shape.




Because Anything Goes at Simon Says Stamp this week, I am linking this card up to their challenge as well.

Happy Canada Day and thanks for stopping by!

Jacquie


15 comments:

  1. These are both wonderful. I really like the artistic feeling on the first, and your tiny little banners on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, Jacquie, now why didn't I just do something like this?! SMACK! Your card is more my style than my own cards for Case Study were! I'm so saving this for inspiration to use that EF again! Adore! And love your beach card, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I especially love the second one and all those fun triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards! Love the background you created with the first one and the happy colors in the second! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab cards - your beach scene definitely looks like a happy place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the second card...great folder. And....hey...I just designed a stamp with that same sentiment! How strange is that! I am amazed at that first card...very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacquie, your cards are gorgeous! I especially love the CASE Study one! The sentiment placed on the sunshine circle is perfect! I love that little banner, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacquie these are fantastic your CASE Study card is is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the sketch! Love the texture on the stenciled background and the fun scene in the Polaroid!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! LOVE the texture on the background for your fun beach scene! So glad you played along with us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards, so creative! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...these are two amazing and stunning cards! I am in love with your little piece of paradise, so peaceful and relaxing!
    but your triangle card is a show stopper!!!! Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  13. AMAZING card!! I LOVE the FUN design and all of that texture!! So NEAT!! Great take on this weeks challenge!! THANKS SO MUCH for playing along with is over on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you'll play along again next week!! Have a FABULOUS 4th of July Weekend!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woah, the dimension on your first card is ah-mazing! And those triangles totally have me smitten.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOOOOOOOOWZA! Look at that sea-- it looks so real! What a fab use of these stamps and this challenge! LOVE the dimension! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS TW Ocean challenge!!! I hope you will try our sketch challenge this week <3

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!