Monday, July 22, 2013

Summer Card Camp: Week 3 Day 1

After watching the video tutorials from the Summer Card Camp 2 this morning, I played around quite a bit with creating a layered stamped background. This is something I've always shied away from - I'm pretty confident when stamping sentiments and images, but find creating an even background pattern a huge challenge.

Not surprising, I didn't have many stamps to work with - in the end I do have one card to share with you. Using the color palette for this week, I copied a ghost stamping technique that Jennifer McGuire uses. I first stamped the pattern in a white pigment ink, heat set it and then stamped again with a very soft lilac dye ink. The lilac stamped image is slightly offset from the white image giving a little depth of color. Another shade of purple ink is used to stamp the small image.



I didn't like the look of the negative banner with the "Hello" die cut, so used the word on a piece of purple vellum.




Taking a tip from Kristina Werner today, I painted a light layer of Stickles on the die cut and a few touches in the centers of the small stamped image.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie




4 comments:

  1. Super stamped background and banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Jacquie! I struggle with these types of stamped backgrounds too! I always mess up the spacing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous. Your stamped background is great, and I love the look of white on kraft.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!