Friday, September 13, 2013

Make It Monday #131 & Simon Says Emboss + Clearly Besotted Challenge #4 & Color Throwdown #259

I usually love the Make It Monday challenge at Capture the Moment, and was excited to try this MIM #131: Striped Embossing. You can head over to the blog & check out Betsy's tutorial here.

The recycling bin is overflowing as my frustration grew trying to rid my panel of stray embossing powder. I can't blame Betsy - her demonstration is flawless & and to my surprise I could really mask the image with a post-it notes.




I used my embossing buddy and a swiffer duster before stamping and a paintbrush to try swipe away the strays before embossing, but you can see the image is not perfect.




A couple of embossing folders add interest to the Plum Pudding card base and Hawaiian Shores panel, along with the angled cuts that I've been admiring around the internet. All this embossing gets this card entered in the Simon Says . . . Emboss It at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog.

This second card came together much fast and combines the Clearly Besotted Challenge #4: Stamp Your Own Background with Color Throwdown #259.






I used the small feather from a Fancy Feathers and three inks to create the background, adding a sentiment from the set and another couple of feathers that were fussy cut.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

7 comments:

  1. Two great cards. I hear your pain on the embossing powder. I also found this challenge to be, well, challenging. I like your card better than mine, though. You were smart to stick to the sentiment. Your second card with the feathers is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacquie (I bought the ek success powder tool for heat embossing) love the tilted design and fancy feathers card too (they seem to be everywhere these days!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, with the striped MIM challenge, Jacquie! I am intrigued by it, but won't have time to try it for a while. I love the colors you've chosen, your folders, the mod off-set panels, and the perfect enamel dots as icing on the cake!! Your feather card is also divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all those feathers and the striped embossing looks fab!! Tjxs for joint us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The embossing technique looks cool--and I really like the color combination you used. Your feather card is fabulous! Love the stamped background panel. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards, lovely designs and your colour combo with your first is just stunning. Your feathers are so pretty colours and papers!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card, very vintage and stylish. Thank you very much for joining in on the Clearly Besotted Challenge x :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!