Saturday, September 6, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #91 + Muse #83 + Simon Says Stamp It + NBUS#2

This is truly a card that created itself. Earlier in the week I attempted to make something inspired by Vicki Dutcher's card for the Muse #83 challenge.




My new watercolor paints were opened and a pink & red panel painted, dies were cut and sentiments stamped & embossed, but it just refused to come together as a card. The abandoned project sat on my desk until today, when I decided to pull it apart and rescue a few of the elements.

I had moved onto  CAS(E) this Sketch #91 thinking the sentiment would work well with this sketch.




The watercolored panel was already tossed in the recycling before I realized, with the right shape cut-out on the card front, I might be able to save it too.




I've cut curved edges before, but I don't think I've ever used this SSS Curved Edge die that did such a beautiful, clean job. The right cut was made first, then the die was nestled in the bottom of the first cut and the top edge moved over to the left. It cut exactly the way I wanted it to!

The watercolored panel was manipulated so that a clean portion was peeking through the cut and then the rescued sentiment and Maya Road butterfly were attached.




A trio of NBUS clear iridescent sequins finish the card off.

With the watercolor paints, Curved Edge die and sequins being NBUS, I am happy to link this up to Darnell's second NBUS challenge under Option 4 None of the Above :)


Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)


Even if you aren't interested in this challenge (but I'm having a hard time believing there isn't a little NBUS lurking in your craft area), if you don't already know Darnell, you owe it to yourself to check out her blog. And if you don't laugh at least once per blog post, we can't be friends.

Given that I used one of Simon Says Stamp's exclusive stamp sets, I am also linking this card to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where Simon Says Stamp It


Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog


Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


42 comments:

  1. Brilliant design Jacquie, I totally see a winner here! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous...terrific die cutting!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! I have that die and haven't used it either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you are too much, Jacquie! Your sweet comments had me karacking up and I love you for your loyalty!! Thank you so much for your promotion and support and for joining in my second NBUS Challenge!

    Now. About your card. So pinning. You have got to figure out some other challenges for this, because it would win them ALL! The designers at CTS have prolly already flipped their lids when they saw it!! Wow! No, really, WOW! Mwah! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHG, this design is OVER THEEE TOP!!!! MAGNIFICENT, I have never seen such an eye catching design.....WOW..OH WOW...so IMPRESSED...geez...it is too late for me to be this excited!!!!!!!
    Winner GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jacquie, this is a fantastic card. What a fresh new design, i have that die and its sitting, doing nothing. I think there will be a slew of these cut cards out yhere soon. I really can't say enough good things! This definitely grabs my attention in tha gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card and an amazing rescue. Such a dynamic card so eye catching so much so I pinned it. Oh and couldn't agree more about Darnell

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this Jacquie! I am calling a winner for sure. Amazing design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant use of that die!!! Love that curve; so crisp and clean, and perfect for this challenge. Love how the pink pops out from behind it too! Your butterfly and the black "you" are just the ticket to make everything pop. Great card, Jacquie. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, wow! This is an absolutely brilliant combination of these two challenges. I've been thinking a lot about how to do the CTS one but this hadn't occured to me - it's fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning...talk about an innovative 'rescue' and revival of what you initially thought to abandon. So beautiful, eye-catching and gorgeous!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards Jacquie. Especially love the second with that curved slit and the soft vellum butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jacquie, I can just echo all the WOW's for this absolute stunner!!! What a fantastic rescue of the pieces!!! This is a definite winner!!! Love, love, LOVE it!!!

    Greetings from Africa!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG - this is a real WOW card, Jacquie!!! LOVE it! Its a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great design...so nicely done...just so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!! Stunning design!!! I love the colors you used your card that you didn't like to make this. Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so voting for this card. It blew my mind when I saw it in the gallery at MUSE. Such a brilliant rescue - and for another challenge, too. I don't usually use this word but it is Awesome, Jacquie. Yes that's a capital A.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful card. What a brilliant way to use the watercolour panel.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WHAT A SAVE! What a fabulous graphic inspired card!! Well done - Thanks so much for playing in the Muse Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning! That is just....wow! I need that word die...sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fell right off my chair! This is wicked good - it somehow reminds me of the theatre and drama and maybe even Moulin Rouge. So artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such an awesome take on both the challenges, Jacquie! That curve is so cool and I love the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  23. yep... a winner... absolutely BRILLIANT design!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the creative way you improved upon the asymmetric design of the Muse this week. Amazing interpretation ... splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is fantastic!! Love the curve of your design, makes it very modern and clean. Its a winner in my book!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, I love this! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ditto to all of the above! I don't often play in these two challenges, but Rosemary gave you a shout out on her blog and I am so glad I clicked on the link she provided. This is absolute stunning - so fresh and so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are so pretty! I love that interesting cut! So cool! Thanks so much for playing along with the STAMPtember® Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Got here by way of Rosemary's blog & wowzer was she right! This is just over the top wonderful, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Knew it was a winner, Jacquie. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an awesomely unique take on the sketch! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your dynamic take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is gorgeous! I love the dramatic cut and so glad you could your watercolor "trash."

    ReplyDelete
  34. Creative and beautiful!! Your card is amazing!! Congrat on being a Favorite this week...well deserved:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I knew it! They DID flip their lids!! Congratulations, Jacquie on the WELL-DESERVED Favorites honor from CTS!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am IN LOVE with this card. It's fresh , original, breathtakingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I could have swore I commented on this beauty before . . .apparently I just gawked at it and was left speechless. This is serious crafty genius. I'm with you on Darnell too. She is absolutely hysterical!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am so thrilled that Ardyth sent us over to see this card she's CASEing... my gosh it is breath-taking-ly gorgeous! Ditto Kelly ^ above...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!