Tuesday, December 9, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch! #102 & Fusion {Merry Christmas} + Seize the Birthday

Believe it or not, our Christmas cards are in the mail! Well, the ones that are heading out of state that is ;) I still have a few hanging around that I hope to hand deliver in the next couple of weeks.

We will be interrupting the holiday festivities to celebrate my baby boy's 16th birthday this weekend and need a couple of cards. I used the CAS(E) this Sketch #102 for the design of this first one.




I rarely buy wood mount stamps, but when I saw the lyric on this Impression Obsession stamp at a local store it immediately went into my basket. I know this doesn't look like a birthday card, but it is. The sentiment/song lyric is an inside joke between my son and I, that makes no sense to anyone else and I couldn't begin to explain, but I know he will get a big kick out of this card.




It took a little trial and error to get the embossed image lined up on all three pieces. The frames are adhered at varying heights and then the Memory Box birds are added as the finishing touch.




There is no question this second card is a birthday card. I took the colors from the photo and used the sketch from the Fusion {Merry Christmas} challenge. I didn't see anything saying we HAD to make a Christmas card, so hope it's okay to enter a birthday card.



The kraft card base is inspired by the pinecones and a black Wet Paint die cut is nestled into a red pinked edge panel that extends slightly beyond the card base.




I am also entering this card in the Seize the Birthday challenge where Anything Goes.




Don't forget I am having a giveaway as part of the World Card Making Day 2014 WInner Blog Hop and December 10th is deadline to enter. If you haven't already, head over to this post and leave a comment to be eligible for the draw. I will be picking a winner on Thursday, December 11th!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

16 comments:

  1. As always ... INSPIRING!
    You have all the elements here I love Jacquie! The birds, the color scheme, the sentiment , plus a great take on the sketch.
    Your birthday card rocks too!
    Thanks for joining the fun at CTS & STB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your son! He is sure to love that card. I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards! I love them both but card #1 especially caught my eye because of the way you have used those dies, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are both fantastic! I especially love your take on the CTS sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Both of these are amazing, Jacquie! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that big graphic birthday card! Fantastic cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card for your 'baby'! It's my baby boy's birthday on Saturday and I just finished his card today. Love those inside jokes - they just make a card even more special. Your design is amazing; so detailed and fun. Your card for Fusion is awesome too. Have a great week. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely cards - your Fusion card is so pretty in the kraft, red, white and black - love the embedded sentiment! thanks for joining in on the Fusion challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Birthday card, Jacquie! I love the design, you are always so clever! and the stars...great touch! Thanks for sharing at STB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card! Love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! Love the colour combo on the birthday card. Such a clever layout. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning cards :) , love the pop of red on ur second card. Thank you for sharing with Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the well-deserved HM Honors from Fusion, Jacquie!! These are both great!! I'm sure your DS got a kick out of his card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. It must have been okay to do a birthday card because yours was picked for an honorable mention. Congratulations, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!