Sunday, February 14, 2016

CAS(E) This Sketch! #159

I admit I was a little intimidated by Michelle Williams' sketch for CAS(E) This Sketch! #159 and tried unsuccessfully to create a plaid background. With a few failed panels in the recycling bin, I gave up on the card and started to just play with a stencil and modeling paste. 

The modeling paste was colored with a Limeade Ice re-inker first and, as I waited impatiently for my first diagonal lines to dry, I added a little New Leaf ink and shifted my stencil to the opposite diagonal line.




The stencil was put back in place to add inked lines connecting the paste lines. For a little more definition, more paste was lightly pulled over the first lines.




A sentiment from PTI's Wet Paint stamp and die set finishes this card off.




Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


4 comments:

  1. This is such a great technique, Jacquie. The greens on kraft are a great combination that I wouldn't have thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The texture here is fabulous! And the colors are a favorite combo of mine! What a fantastic card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so cool! I love your fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the texture on your card, Jacquie! Awesome take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!