Monday, September 4, 2017

Curtain Call Dreamcatcher + CTS237 + Seize the Birthday + Simon Says

After posting my feather card last night I was poking around the internet and discovered the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge for September 1 is Dreamcatcher. 




I immediately painted another piece of watercolor paper with Zig markers, this time using pink and red pens, to create an ombre panel. While the panel dried, I pulled out a scalloped circle frame that I'd cut months ago at a retreat when I had access to a friend's dies. This is layered on a woodgrain embossed panel.




The Spellbinders feathers are cut from the watercolored panel and adhered together to make a matching pair of clusters. These are added to the woodgrain panel before the PTI birthday sentiment is stamped on an MFT banner die cut and popped up over them.




It isn't a dreamcatcher, but pulls most of the elements from the inspiration photo. The card is inspired by CAS(E) This Sketch #237 and is also being linked to Seize the Birthday Anything Goes and the Wednesday Challenge Blog Anything Goes at Simon Says Stamp.


    


Thanks for stopping by!

Jacquie

4 comments:

  1. Pretty card, Jacquie. Love the colorful feathers and the woodgrain background. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on the inspiration photo and on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jacquie :-) I love the all white and embossed background and the feathers with the simple banner sentiment are so pretty and perfect! Love it!! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it looks like a dreamcatcher to me : ) Very pretty! I love this color combo : )

    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday! we love seeing your work in our galleryPatti

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!